I KNOW WHY THE CAGED BIRD SINGS, Maya Angelou

Judul/Title: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Penulis/Author: Maya Angelou
Penerbit/Publisher: Bantam Books
Edisi/Edition: 1997
Halaman/Pages: 290
Dimensi/Dimension: 21cm
Bahasa/Language: English
Call No.: 158/Ang/i
Status: Ada/Available

***
This testimony from a black sister marks the beginning of a new era in the minds and hearts and lives of all black men and women... I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings liberates the reader into life simply because Maya Angelou confronts her own life with such a moving wonder, such luminous dignity. I have no words for this achievement, but I know that not since the days of my childhood, when the people in the books were more real than people one saw everyday, have I founds myself so moved... Her portrait is a biblical study of life in the midst of death.

[James Baldwin]

PINJAM BUKU INI/RENT THIS BOOK

0 comments:

Post a Comment